Effective Date: November 2012
TyGro collects information that you provide to us directly, information that you provide to a third party, and information that we collect about you automatically.
- Information We Collect Directly From You: We collect information directly from you such as when you create an account with us, make a purchase, or request information from us. Depending upon your interaction with our Site and our Application, we may collect the following information from you: your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and information about your vehicle, including year, make, model, mileage and VIN number. We also will ask you to create a username and select a password. If you make a purchase online, we also will collect your credit or debit card information. When you download our Application, we may collect your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. We also will collect whatever information you choose to provide to us through the Application, which may include the above listed information that we collect from visitors to our Site.
- Information We Collect About You From Third Parties: We sell vehicle service contracts on behalf of third parties. If you purchase a vehicle service contract through our Site, we will collect information about you and your use of that service contract from the applicable third party.
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to respond to your inquiries, to communicate with you, and for other customer service purposes
- For marketing and promotional purposes; for example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to email you newsletters, special offers, and promotions
- With your consent, and where permitted by law, we may send you text messages or contact you via cell phone
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, Application, and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Site, Application, or our Services
- To improve our Site, Application, and our Services
We may share your information, including personal information, with the persons and for the purposes listed below:
- Service Providers: We may disclose your information to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents that perform functions on our behalf. For example, these providers may help us administer our Site and our Application, respond to your inquiries, or otherwise assist us in providing our Site, Application, and Services to you. We also may share your information with third parties to assist us in our marketing efforts.
- Non-Affiliated Third Parties: We may share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. Please see the Special Notice to California Consumers below.
We also may share your information, including your personal information, in the following situations:
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information that we have collected about you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process: We may disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information: We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for research, marketing, or other purposes.
Cookies And Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies. A “cookie” is a small file assigning you a unique ID that is placed on your computer by a web server for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Application, while other cookies are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Application. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent cookies.
- Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
- Third Party Cookies. We also engage third parties to track and analyze non-personal Site data. To do so, we may permit third parties to apply cookies to users of our Site, where permitted by law, and subject to your right to opt-out through the Network Advertising Initiative (discussed below). We use the data collected by these third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of our Site and to analyze Site usage.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site and Application; however, some features of our Site and Application may not function if you disable cookies.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags, and Other Technologies. We use web beacons, such as clear GIFs, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Analytics. We may use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site and, to the extent permitted, our Application. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences.
Advertisements on Third Party Websites
We may advertise our Services on third party websites. When you visit a website on which we advertise and click through our advertisement, we may place cookies on your computer or use pixel tags.
Access to Information
You may modify any personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your account settings. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or Application for a period of time.
We take commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
Your Choice to Opt Out
If you no longer would like to receive promotional emails from us, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 days to process your request. If you opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us, please note that we may continue to communicate with you via email in response to your inquiries and for account and customer service related reasons.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Special Notice to California Consumers
California residents may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information about you for the third party’s own marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response to you. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at:
CarTection.COM Attn.: Customer Service 2260 Avenida De La Playa La Jolla, CA 92037
Terms of Service
Changes to this Policy